Stumbling Through Life

My photo
Please, God – Don’t strike me with lightning! I’m just trying to figure this world out. Sometimes I think and say things that are stupid. But sometimes, too, You tell me things that are so meaningful that I simply have to write them down. This blog is nothing more than a diary of some of these thoughts.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Adam's Navel, and What It Means to Me


When Adam was made by God (Genesis 2:7) he must not have had a belly-button, right? (After all, he didn't have a mom.) This must be VERY important. Scholars have actually STUDIED this phenomenon.

This is the online diary of an ordinary Christian. I believe everyone has full access to God's mind; not just priests, pastors and Bible experts. But God's written word, the Bible, is big and (admit it) often difficult to understand. I'm not saying I have the answers... I'm just exploring.

So, is Adam's navel worth contemplating? I think Christians often get sidetracked by unimportant (yes, that's what I said) issues like the exact age of the earth (Yawn...) when we should be discussing real issues, like how to love our neighbor. Some Christians say that to believe the Bible, you have to believe ALL of it - literally. And it often seems like this is the MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE of the Bible! Is it?

I'll have to think about this some more. Let me get back to you... (Hey, look! Lint!)


Peace, Love, Omphaloskepsis

No comments:

Post a Comment