Stumbling Through Life

My photo
Please, God – Don’t strike me with lightning! I’m just trying to figure this world out. Sometimes I think and say things that are stupid. But sometimes, too, You tell me things that are so meaningful that I simply have to write them down. This blog is nothing more than a diary of some of these thoughts.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's More Easy Being Green


There's a rumor out there that "green" and "Christian" don't go together. I'm here to tell you that this is wrong. Many (most?) of us feel that it's very important to care for God's world. I'm basing this very unscientific theory on conversations with friends, at home and around the internet.
It's my mission to educate myself on living "green" in any way I can.

Here are a few things I've done so far, and you can too:

Use reusable shopping bags
Buy green products (light bulbs, laundry detergent, etc.)
Bring your own cup into restaurants and coffee houses
Start a backyard garden
Don't buy things you don't need (!)
Keep your old car a while longer
Recycle (notice this is low on the list. Reduce->reuse->recycle... in that order)
If you blog, make it carbon-neutral:


co2 neutral coupons attractive shopping offers with kaufDA.de

Click on the leaf and these good people will plant a tree for you.

This is a partial list. As you learn more, you can do more.

"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it."
1 Corinthians 10:26
You wouldn't trash someone else's property, would you?

Peace, Love, Trees

No comments:

Post a Comment