Stumbling Through Life

My photo
Please, God – Don’t strike me with lightning! I’m just trying to figure this world out. Sometimes I think and say things that are stupid. But sometimes, too, You tell me things that are so meaningful that I simply have to write them down. This blog is nothing more than a diary of some of these thoughts.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The End of the World, and Nothing to Wear

The end of the world is coming, according to a pastor in California. May 21st, 2001 is the beginning of the end; the rapture. That's when those who are saved will leave earth. Five months later, October 21st, 2011, is the end of the end. (For more information, read the book of Revelation in your bible. That'll clear things up.)

Meanwhile...

Am I ready? Let's see...

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5

Do I love God? (Check)

"...and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" Luke 10:27

Do I love my neighbor? (Check)

"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:31-46

When I see a stranger, do I feed him and clothe him? (Well... not always. There's that creepy looking guy in the parking lot...)

Wait! there's no time!!! The judgment day is coming in two days, and after that, um, five months until, uh, it says here that the earth is exactly 11000 years old, and 7000 years after Noah's flood that... give me a minute... 4990 + 2011 = 7001, carry the one... no, subtract it...
Oh, dear. Maybe I'm not ready. The battery died in my calculator.

Okay, I have two days left. Or maybe five months. Or maybe more. Or maybe (gulp) less! After all, I could get hit by a car first.

Here's what I'm going to do from now on: I'm going to live my life exactly as I've been living it. I'll read my bible and pray, I'll help people when and where I can, I'll obey God to the best of my knowledge and ability, and I'll trust Him. Because I know He loves me.

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16


Yep. I'm ready. Well, as ready as I'll ever be.

Peace, Love, Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment