Stumbling Through Life

My photo
Please, God – Don’t strike me with lightning! I’m just trying to figure this world out. Sometimes I think and say things that are stupid. But sometimes, too, You tell me things that are so meaningful that I simply have to write them down. This blog is nothing more than a diary of some of these thoughts.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Perfect Like God

Today is "Leap Day." Every four years we add a day to our calendar. Why? Because the calendar can't quite be coordinated with the astronomical year. It takes 365.24219 days for the earth to get around the sun. So... since we can't have a quarter-day, we're forced to add a day ever four years. A lunar year is different yet, about 357.37 days, which is why the moon cycle doesn't last a month.
So, if God is perfect, why did he make such an imperfect year? He could have made it 364 days long: divisible by four. There. Nice and neat.

But he didn't. Hey, I don't have to understand it. I just have live my life.

And not only that, but He made people with different colored skin, and people who believe different things, and people who dress differently... and He told us all to love one another.

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

That's not so complicated, is it?

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Peace, Love, Perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment