Stumbling Through Life

My photo
Please, God – Don’t strike me with lightning! I’m just trying to figure this world out. Sometimes I think and say things that are stupid. But sometimes, too, You tell me things that are so meaningful that I simply have to write them down. This blog is nothing more than a diary of some of these thoughts.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm right! I KNOW I'm right! Why doesn't everybody just agree with me?

No one's perfect. No one person has the perfect theology. You can’t understand God. Just saying you do implies that you think you’re equal to Him. (Read the book of Job.) So we’re all partly wrong; Catholics, Lutherans, Pentecostals, Baptists, (insert your church here)… Wrong. Does that mean there’s no God? No, because God Himself knows we’re imperfect. That’s what grace is for! If we’re all wrong, and if God forgives, than who does He forgive? Those whose theology is the closest to correct? That doesn’t make sense to me. (Just the thought brings up the idea of the apostles arguing between themselves: Mark 9:34 But they kept quiet because on the way they had argued about who was the greatest. Pride!)

I think God forgives those who are truly seeking Him. Who is seeking Him? I can guess… not those who have made up their minds. (Stiff necked - Exodus 32:9) Anyone who says, “I’m right. You’re wrong. End of story,” is no longer seeking.

Here’s an idea, though it’s not a new one. Relax. You don’t have to have all the answers. God is in charge. Trust Him.
Keep an open mind. Keep learning. Listen to, and respect, those whose opinion is different from yours. If your faith is strong, you won’t be magically “sucked in” to other religions and cults.

Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway. ~Mary C. Crowley


Peace, love, & grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment