Stumbling Through Life

My photo
Please, God – Don’t strike me with lightning! I’m just trying to figure this world out. Sometimes I think and say things that are stupid. But sometimes, too, You tell me things that are so meaningful that I simply have to write them down. This blog is nothing more than a diary of some of these thoughts.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Sometimes it's hard to give thanks...

... so here are some verses to get you started.

Remember, we can and should give thanks even when we don't feel like it - even when circumstances don't seem ideal - because God has a plan, and He's in control.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:33-35

Therefore I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the nations, and I will sing praises to Your name. 2 Samuel 22:50

I will give thanks to the LORD according to His righteousness And will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. Psalms 7:17

I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders. Psalms 9:1

That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever. Psalms 30:12

Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting. Psalms 118:1

...and He took the seven loaves and the fish; and giving thanks, He broke them and started giving them to the disciples, and the disciples {gave them} to the people. Matthew 15:36

And when He had taken {some} bread {and} given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." Luke 22:19

Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! Romans 17:25a

Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! 2 Corinthians 9:15

Whatever you do in word or deed, {do} all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Colossians 3:17

In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

… the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, to Him who lives forever and ever. Revelation 4:9

"We give You thanks, O Lord God, the Almighty, who are and who were, because You have taken Your great power and have begun to reign.” Revelation 11:17


Gee, if I didn't know better, I'd think there was some sort of theme running through the Bible!

Peace, love & thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment