Stumbling Through Life

My photo
Please, God – Don’t strike me with lightning! I’m just trying to figure this world out. Sometimes I think and say things that are stupid. But sometimes, too, You tell me things that are so meaningful that I simply have to write them down. This blog is nothing more than a diary of some of these thoughts.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

If I Were God, I'd Do It Differently

“God cares for you” doesn't mean he takes your problems away.

Remember kindergarten? Have you wished you could go back? You could spend your whole day painting, and playing at recess... and learning your ABC's... and learning to color in the lines... and... how soon would that get really boring?
Life is like that. We wish it would be easier, but when there’s a lull in the excitement, we wish there was something to do.

These are facts of life:
death
pain
war
illness
cancer
hate

These are also facts of life:
beauty
music
ice cream
flowers
sex
hope

laughter
love


Sometimes we can change things, sometimes we can’t. That’s just the way it is.

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things. Ecclesiastes 11:5

As Christians, we have hope for a better future. I think this life will seem like nothing in comparison.

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18

Yes, If I was God, I'd do it differently. Life would be one good day after another; no wars, no unhappiness; We could ice cream all day long and never get fat. But I'm not God, and I have to be content with this:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Peace, Love, Serenity

No comments:

Post a Comment